The Milken Innovation Center Fellows Program is the only program in Israel that presents outstanding university graduates with the unique opportunity to explore market-based solutions to the social, environmental, economic and business policy challenges Israel is facing, while interning at the heart of Israeli decision-making and training with leading academics and professionals. Dedicated to “research to results” philosophy and belief in democratizing access to capital, we seek to promote Israel’s economic growth through policy innovations, applied research and financial technology transfer.
Our Israel-focused, approachable and action-oriented research, combined with our fellows’ support of Israel’s leading policymakers, help improve government policy, develop local economic and financial models, and ease pressing economic and social challenges. The program provides the administration with premium human capital while exposing the fellows to a once-in-a-lifetime career and learning opportunity.
The internship allows fellows to experience policy in the making, which helps them develop more effective tools, concepts and solutions in their research and gain valuable skills for young professionals. Fellows also collect data that is not available in classic academic research or partisan position papers. In some cases, our fellows’ papers are the only research on a local topic or the only source in Hebrew.
The fellows’ intensive training includes an orientation week workshop, an academic course taught at the Hebrew University Jerusalem School of Business Administration, weekly training seminars and individual work with a research supervisor. The Fellows intern four days a week with governmental entities, among them the Ministry of Finance; Ministry of Economy; Tax Authority; Ministry of Environmental Protection; and Israel Securities Authority; National Economic Council. Many of our graduates move on to careers in the public service. Others pursue doctoral degrees at Israeli and internationally renowned universities. We believe the program’s alumni will be tomorrow’s leading policy analysts, researchers, directors and decision-makers. Read what our fellows say about the program experience.
Basic Requirements for Israeli applicants:
- The ideal candidates will have either a Bachelor’s or a Master’s in business, economics, public policy or a related field (law, urban planning, environmental management, etc.)
- A strong background in quantitative research methods and economics is preferred but not required
- Candidates must be able to read and write fluently in Hebrew. English reading skills are required
- Great personal relationship, able to work with team, and independently, leadership skills, responsible
- Able to commit to a full time program for 10 months in the placement organization
- 10 months’ full time Internship placement in the Public sector
- Graduate-level financial innovations course taught at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem’s School of Business Administration
- Weekly training sessions led by Israeli and international policymakers, researchers, business leaders
- A monthly stipend for 10 months
- Mentorship support in developing a research project and policy paper on pressing issues from Agriculture to Water
Application Deadline: June 1st 2021
Program Commencement- October 2021
Application Link: https://milkeninnovationcenter.org/fellows-program/registration-form/